BEETROOT PACHADI

Betroot has many health benefits. As per studies, beetroot helps to purify blood, control blood pressure, provides folic acid etc…

Today, I am introducing a pachadi with beetroot…. I wish to prepare the same in Kerala style…. In my childhood, I didn’t like the taste of beetroot, but I like the colour very much…. That time, my mother mostly prepares this pachadi and pack with rice for lunch… I love the colour and usually finish the lunch pretty fast J Even mezhukkupuratti of beetroot also was a superhero in my lunchbox….  My mother did a great job to fill my stomach in my childhood…. Now I am doing the same with my little one…. J

I wish to write the easiest recipe for all of you….

Ingredients:

1.     Beetroot ---------------------------------- 1 medium sized (either grate it or mince)

2.     Shallots / small onion ---------------  8-10 (finely chopped)

3.     Ginger ------------------------------------- 1 teaspoon (minced)

4.     Green chilli ------------------------------- 3-5 numbers (minced)

5.     Curry leaves ----------------------------- 2 springs (finely chopped)

6.     Curd --------------------------------------- 1 ½  to 2 cups

7.     Oil ------------------------------------------- 2 tablespoon

8.     Mustard ----------------------------------- 1 ½  teaspoon

9.     Salt ------------------------------------------ to taste

Preparation:

1.     Heat the pan, and pour oil and splutter one teaspoon of mustard seeds

2.     Add chopped onion and stir till it become soft

3.     Add beetroot, ginger, green chilli, curry leaves and a little salt and fry

4.     Stir until the mixture is dry and the beetroot is fully cooked

5.     Remove the mixture from the flame and allow it to become warm

6.     When it became warm or cool, add the mixture to the curd and mix well

7.     Crush the remaining ½ teaspoon mustard seeds and add with the mixture and stir well

8.     Check the salt and adjust accordingly

9.     Beetroot pachadi is ready to serve with rice

 

Notes:

Ø If you don’t like the taste of raw mustard, just avoid the step 7 and do, taste will be yummy

Ø You can adjust the consistency as per your requirement by adding more or less curd. The colour of the dish will increase gradually.

I am sure that everyone will love beetroot pachadi…. Because my husband and my son love the taste and colour respectively … J This is very simple method and easy to prepare…. I am sure that those who are not from kerala also will like the recipe because in this recipe we are not using coconut at all….

I need your feedback in the form of suggestions, comments, criticisms etc… Your words are my inspiration…. So leave a comment before you go to next page……….. J

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment